Job Opportunity: Community Mobilizer, Habitat for Humanity of Evansville
The Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative (NRI) is a long-term comprehensive community development (CCD) initiative that aims to support the implementation of locally-driven quality-of-life plans in targeted Evansville communities. Following int he success of our initiative in the Glenwood neighborhood, Habitat is leading a quality-of-life planning process in the Jacobsville neighborhood.
NRI requires a skilled staff member who will be responsible for the community organizing and outreach efforts as part of a comprehensive planning process. This staff member will plan and implement outreach, organizing and research efforts in coordination with the Development Director to assist in the creation and implementation of a quality-of -life plan for the target community. The staff member also serves as a project manager on any number of related projects and supports the communication strategy for the local program.
The position will report directly to the Development Director. This is a full-time position with benefits offered in accordance with Habitat for Humanity of Evansville policy.
- Build relationships and identify new leadership as part of the CCD planning effort.
- Establish and maintain contact with residents and community organizations through recruitment and implementation of activities related to CCD.
- Network with community groups in conjunction with the community and resident leaders as appropriate.
- Follow-up with residents, local businesses, and other nonprofit organizations on activities related to CCD activities.
- Coordinate and carry-out logistics for meetings, events and relevant activities for CCD projects.
- Collaborate with other organizations and staff engaged in Habitat and CCD as appropriate.
- Create and maintain record keeping information systems related to CCD.
- Attend and participate in community meetings, forums, and public events as required.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Minimum 2 years related work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Ability to work with diverse groups. Strong project management skills. Excellent writing and oral presentation skills. Computer skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Please forward cover letter and résumé to email@example.com