Community is the Cornerstone of Economic Development
Community Economic Development (CED) is any local action that creates economic opportunities and improves social conditions, particularly for those who are most disadvantaged. At the Indiana Association for Community Economic Development (IACED), we represent the interests of organizations engaged in community economic development across Indiana.
Founded in 1986 to serve and partner with the community economic development sector, our extensive network and diversified areas of expertise give us the capacity to make a difference in member efforts to improve local quality of life.
The Indiana Association for Community Economic Development (IACED) is your dynamic source of information, contacts and assistance.
- Watch this site for news about upcoming professional development opportunities and sign up here.
- Get up-to-date information about funding, availability, legislative issues, and what’s new around the state.
- Receive community economic development information for free! Just give us your e-mail address and we’ll send you fresh information and good ideas that help you be successful in your community.
- This is your link to important community economic development information on the Web. Bookmark iaced.org right now and visit often.
IACED is the statewide association for organizations who re-build distressed communities in Indiana through:
- Housing rehabilitation and construction
- Employment generating activities
- Real estate development, industrial and small business development
- Social services
IACED promotes and supports its members’ efforts through:
- Direct technical assistance
- Public policy advocacy
- Networking & Communications